dimanche 23 décembre 2012

MWB aka Machine who Blogs - An interview with Luke "A_Rival" Esquivel, STREET FIGHTER x MEGAMAN OST composer

Article et interview en français en cliquant ici.

That's it, finally Pakupakustory began to write in English !

On December 17, the game "STREET FIGHTER x MEGAMAN" made ​​its appearance on the pages of Capcom Unity community site. Millers of fans who have downloaded are unanimous, the game is excellent!

It was also an opportunity for many of them to mention its excellent soundtrack composed by Luke Esquivel aka A_Rival.

Exclusively for you, here is the transcript of the interview I conducted for pakupakustory blog.


MWB : First of all hello, can you tell us about your musical history and your background?

Luke : I made some (awful) midi music on my pentium 75 computer back in middle school, but I didn't get serious about any music until the very end of high school.  I am primarily a programmer and at one point, a touring breakdancer!

MWB : How did you get involved into this project, which made a lot of noise in recent weeks: Street Fighter X Megaman?

Luke : I messaged SonicZH (the main programmer of the game) on youtube a while back and asked to contribute.  He was impressed by the material and asked me to do the whole soundtrack!  It was actually pretty miraculous how it all came together.

MWB : Concerning this soundtrack especially what were your priorities, your desires and the things you wanted to improve?

Luke : My priorities were to capture both universes 50/50; maintaining the core Mega Man sound was of the utmost importance.  I wanted hardcore gamers to FEEL the work that had been put into the audio.  There isn't much that I wasn't able to accomplish with the soundtrack; that being said, my melodic embellishments maybe could've been more flamboyant!

MWB : To chiptune musicians who read us, can you tell us about you musical equipement? Which machines? Which softwares?

Luke : I use a pc laptop with famitracker to compose all of the sound files, though I used ChipSounds VST to make drafts of the songs.   I have a basic midi keyboard which I use to play melodies and chords on.

MWB : Outside of video game music what are your influences in terms of groups, singers and composers?

Luke : I am influenced by absolutely everything I hear everywhere, possibly to a fault!  Queen is probably my favorite band overall, and is the biggest influence on my music. Honestly, all I listen to regularly is video game music and EDM.

MWB : Can you tell us the titles of the songs you listen to these days on your portable music player?

Luke : Heh!  On heavy rotation I have the soundtrack to Super Castlevania IV, Blades of Steel for gameboy and ALL of the NES Mega Man games (naturally)!  I also am constantly listening to my own music thinking of ways to improve it.

MWB : What are your best memories as a gamer?

Luke : I think the first time I ever attended MAGFest was the most fun I've ever had as a gamer.  I still have many friends that I met for the first time that year.  Lots of alcohol and 24-hour gaming!  I also distinctly remember the first time I ever played Super Mario World and how magical it was.

MWB : If you were given the opportunity to create a best of video game music, what are the titles that you absolutely do not want to forget?

Luke : The Gradius series.  I am a complete Konami fanboy.  I am a bit biased toward them!

MWB : Finally, today, if you were given the opportunity to work for a video game, what game style you like best?

Luke : 2D Metroidvania-style platformer for sure.  I have about 3 different scenarios that would work in that context that I will execute if I get the time and money!  As an Indie, I am working on my fighting game Señor Footsies.

MWB : Once again, Thank you very much for your availability and your answers.

Some links to complete this exclusive interview :

The link of Planetskill, the home blog of A_Rival : Here.
The link to listen and download the STREET FIGHTER x MEGAMAN OST : Here.
More infos on "Señor Footsies" the Luke indie fighting game just here.

See you soon for more english articles from the Pakupakustory database.

18 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.